Weight: 113 lbs.
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I come from a professional dance background so I have always been into working out and staying fit. My love for the gym came about 3 years ago when my husband dragged me into the gym (literally). We relocated and I wasn’t dancing anymore so I figured I would at least give it a try. I was so inspired by all of the women who lifted weights as they looked so amazing. These women had physiques to die for. I started researching the fitness industry and was instantly intrigued.
Working out and keeping fit is not just a hobby for me, it’s a lifestyle and I love every bit of it.
Where does your motivation come from?
My husband, family, friends, TBA teammates and fans inspire and motivate me every day. Just waking up and being granted a wonderful life is motivating in itself. I make short term and long term goal lists and look at them daily. My TBA (Total Body Advantage ) teammates and Coach Doug help push me to my limits to achieve what I am capable of. I am a true believer in dreams and anyone can do anything they put their minds too.
I am living my dream right now and from the very beginning I never doubted myself for a second.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I lift heavy! I am a petite girl so I need to lift heavy to pack on the muscle. I stick to 4-5 days of weightlifting a week and have my weekends off or I may take a day off during the week and go on the weekend. My workout is fast paced and I generally take short rests in between sets, roughly about 30 seconds.
- Squats 3 x 12 (3 Heavy sets and then I do 2 drop sets as well)
- Walking Lunges 3×12
- Superset Walking Lunges with moderately heavy Deadlifts 3×12
- Jump Squats with Bosu Ball 3×15
- Lying Leg Curls 3×12
- Incline Fly’s 3×12
- Hammer Strength Chest Press 3×12
- Overhead Shoulder Press 3×12 (Then drop set)
- Lateral Raises 3×12 (Then 2 drop sets)
- Push Ups 4×12
- Half Deadlifts 4×12 (Heavy) then 3 drops sets
- Wide Grip Pull Down 3×12
- Pull Ups 3×15
- Close Grip Row 3×12
- Dumbbell Bicep Curl 3×12 (Then drop set)
- Hammer Curl 3×12
- Reverse Barbell Curl 3×12
- Tricep Cable Push Down 3×12
- Overhead Cable Extension 3×12
- Close Grip Push Ups 3×12
Friday: Total Body Conditioning
- Rest Day
- Rest Day
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Squats: Keep the booty round!
- Pull Ups: Lifting your own body weight requires great strength and this compound exercise uses all major upper body muscles, so it really is a challenging exercise to perform.
- Shoulder Press: The deltoid consists of 3 separate muscle sections, the anterior, posterior, and middle. When you do a shoulder press you are working all 3 parts of the deltoid. It also helps to maintain an aesthetically pleasing and symmetrical physique.
What is your diet like?
I stay lean all year round. My contest weight may fluctuate about 2-3 pounds and that’s it. I love how my body looks when I keep a clean consistent diet. Don’t get me wrong, I will allow myself cheat meals weekly. My diet mainly consists of lean Proteins like Egg Whites, Chicken, Lean Beef, Tilapia, Tuna, and Salmon. My Carbs consist of Whole Grains, Oats, Brown Rice, Quinoa and Sweet Potatoes. My go to Vegetables are Asparagus, Broccoli, and Peppers. Eating clean can be fun and delicious! You just have to be creative!
- Meal 1: Egg Whites with Chicken & Fresh Salsa
- Meal 2: 4-5 Oz. Lean Beef & 3 Oz. of Sweet Potato Hash
- Meal 3: 3-4 Oz. Chicken & 3 Oz. of Broccoli
- Meal 4: 4-5 Oz. Lean Beef & a small side Salad
- Meal 5: 4 Oz. Lean Ground Turkey with Mixed Veggies
- Meal 6: 6 Egg White Omelette with Fresh Salsa
*Post Workout: I high a quality Low Fat/Low Carb Protein Shake
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
HIIT cardio for sure. I believe it is more effective and it helps maintain a high metabolic rate throughout the day and it takes less time!
What is your supplementation like?
My supplementation consists of:
- Low Fat/Low Carb Protein Shake
- Omega 3 Fish Oils
(BE)lieve in (YOU)rself… BE YOU.