Height: 5’1” – 155 cm
Weight: 105 lbs – 48 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
When I was 18 I was a real ‘party girl.’ I was pretty much lost and had no direction in life and didn’t have any good role models to look up to. I finally decided that I was tired of going to school every day with a hangover. I hated the way my body looked and felt. I always thought that lifting weights would make me look ‘bulky.’ Once I found Jamie Eason and some other great fitness models, I decided to try it out; it was fun and I started to see results pretty quickly.
I became addicted to lifting weights, and I haven’t looked back since!
Where does your motivation come from?
My motivation comes from external sources but at the end of the day for me it’s a mental game. Since day one I’ve been recording my journey on social media and quite honestly I don’t want to let anyone down. I want to be a positive and healthy role model for girls to look up to.
I want to show them that they can live a healthy fun-filled, adventurous life and eat a variety of foods while staying fit at the same time!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I have pretty much always done a five day split with three leg days and two upper body days. The first few years, I focused on building a solid foundation. Now I do a lot of isolation for my legs and glutes. I add in cardio here and there when I feel I need it, but I love tossing in plyos to keep my heart rate up.
- Squats 3 x 10
- Super Wide Leg Press 3 x 10
- Cable Kickbacks 3 x 10
- Barbell Hip Thrust 3 x 10
- Walking Lunges 3 x 15
- Single Legged Leg Press 3 x 10
- Stiff Legged Dumbbell Deadlifts 3 x 10-12
- Lying Leg Curls 3 x 10
- Glute Ham Raises 3 x 10
- Lying Ham Curls with Exercise Ball 3 x 15
- Seated Leg Curl 3 x 10
Wednesday: Upper Body
- Pull Ups (Resistance Band Assistance) 3 x Failure
- Seated Cable Row 3 x 15
- Dumbbell Renegade Rows 3 x 10
- Dips 2 x 10-12
- Front Raises 2 x 15 (Superset)
- Side Lateral Raises 2 x 15
- Cable Crossovers 2 x 10
- Push Ups 2 x 10
- Front Squats 3 x 10
- Narrow Stance Leg Press 3 x 10
- Leg Extensions 3 x 10
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges 3 x 15
- Dumbbell Step Ups 3 x 10 (Each Leg)
Friday: Full Body/Plyos
- Front Squats into Shoulder Press 3 x 20
- Jumping Lunges 3 x 20
- Kettlebell Swings 3 x 20
- Burpees 3 x 20
- Alternating Med Ball Push Ups 3 x 20
- Box Jumps 3 x 15
Saturday: Active Rest
Sunday: Active Rest
If you had to pick only 3 exercises what would they be and why?
- Step Ups: They are great because they hit my glutes and quads nicely and keep my heart rate up.
- Squats: This is an excellent full body compound movement and I have fun hitting new PR’s.
- Lunges: Never seem to get easy, but are great for my quads and glutes. I also love the variations you can do with these.
What is your diet like?
I follow an ‘IIFYM,’ or ‘flexible dieting,’ diet. I love the balance it creates, and I never feel super restricted! Since I have switched to this type of diet, I have a very healthy relationship with food.
My diet varies greatly, and I have a lot of fun with it!
- Meal 1: 2 Whole Eggs, 2 Egg Whites and 2 packets Sugar Free Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Meal 2: 4 ounces Chicken, 1 slice Turkey Bacon, 2-3 cups Spinach, ½ cup Strawberries, ¼ cup Reduced Fat Feta Cheese, handful chopped Tomatoes, handful shredded Carrots, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
- Meal 3: 4-6 ounces Chicken, 1 cup chopped White Potatoes, 3 ½ ounces Asparagus, and 1 tablespoon Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- Meal 4: 80 calorie Light and Fit Greek Yogurt, 5 ounces Bell Peppers and ½ cup Strawberries
- Meal 5: 1 serving Kodiak Power Cakes, 1 Whole Egg, 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter and ¼ cup Syrup
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
I usually prefer normal cardio, but when I am really pushing for results, I’ll do HIIT. HIIT provides me with results more quickly. When I keep my calories low, I prefer using the Stairmaster.
What is your supplementation like?
I only take two supplements daily. Biotin, Vitamin C and occasionally I’ll take BCCA’s and a pre-workout if I really need it, but usually it’s just a Starbucks!
What are some of your favorite places you’ve travelled to and where do you plan to go next?
I love Australia, Thailand, L.A., Toronto and Canada. Those are probably my top places. I enjoy the people and the sights.
In the future, I would love the opportunity to travel to Italy and Greece to see some of the culture and history. I would also love to go to Hawaii for the beaches!
“You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches!” Dita Von Teese