How did you get started with bodybuilding?
As a child I was actively involved in gymnastics, skiing and ballroom dancing. Ballroom dancing was my true passion, I became a professional competitor and competed for my home country, Russia. As my adult life progressed, I became a mommy to two wonderful kids. Through both of my pregnancies I gained over 50 lb each time and that made my life pretty depressing. Having a very supportive and understanding family, my mom bought me a year membership at one of the local gyms for my birthday! It was her silent encouragement for me to get my life back to normal and my body in better shape.
That is how my journey to my transformation began! I was inspired by fitness models that were training at the same facility and I only wished to have a body like theirs one day!
Photography By: Trevor Howell
Where does your motivation come from?
My kids are my greatest motivation! Being their mom is a great honour and pleasure and a hard work! They teach me in their own ways to never give up and to be my personal best!
Life is about improvement and not perfection!
What workout routine has worked best for you?
Monday: Shoulders and Athletic Training
- Side Raises x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Front Raises x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Overhead Flies x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Side Cable Raises x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Military Press x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Squat Press x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Rear Flies x3 sets 8-12 reps
Tuesday: Back/Triceps and Cycling
- Seated Row x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Pull Downs x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Chin-ups x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Pullovers x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Seated Row x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Dips x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Tricep Pushdowns x3 sets 8-12 reps
Wednesday: Legs and Athletic Training
- Hack squat (Wide Stand Rock Bottom) x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Sumo Deadlifts x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Rock Bottom Jump Squat x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Lunges x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Leg Curls x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Cross fit
Thursday: Hot Yoga
- Hot Yoga 60-90 minutes
Friday: Biceps/Chest and RPM Class
- Barbell Curls x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Alternate Hammer Curls x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Prone Incline Curl x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Seated Close-Grip Concentration Barbell Curl x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Bench Press x3 sets 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Pullovers x3 sets 8-12 reps
If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Jump squats – They target your glutes, abs, calves, hamstrings and quads. They can also be a great fun cardio workout
- Push-up – It hits the shoulders, chest, back and core and is also a great exercise that can be performed anywhere
- Leg Raises – This hardcore exercise gives me the best ab workout and really brings out the definition
What is your diet like?
- Meal 1: Oatmeal, Egg Whites and Grapefruit
- Meal 2: Protein Powder, Oatmeal and Almond Butter
- Meal 3: Chicken Breast, Green Beans and Quinoa
- Meal 4: Fresh Salmon, Green Beans and an Apple
- Meal 5: Protein Shake
- Meal 6: Chicken, Cucumber, Green Beans and Spinach
When trying to cut down do you prefer to use HIIT or just normal cardio?
HIIT is by far my favorite! I love pushing myself out of my comfort zone and challenging myself. I spend less than half the time I usually do on those machines and I get much leaner in the process!
What is your supplementation like?
I stick to the basics:
- Whey Protein
- Fish Oil
The highlight of your fitness career?
The biggest highlight, hands down, is how many people I motivate by sharing my story and showing my progress to change their eating habits, be more active, and simply take control over their health!
No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change. – Bill Phillips