Height: 6’3″ – 189 cm
Weight: 230 lbs. – 104 kg
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
My older brother got me started in the gym when I was a teenager. I looked up to him because he was always bigger and stronger and that was when my love for bodybuilding began.
Where does your motivation come from?
My motivation comes from the conflagration burning inside me to be the best I can be in whatever it is I put my mind to.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I train by instinct. Which means I don’t follow the rules others have made that might work for them. I always use exercises that I know work for me and I generally warm up at the start for 1-2 sets then complete 3 working sets.
Day 1: Chest
- Flat Bench 5x 5-15 reps
- Incline Dumbbell 4x 6-12
- Flat Dumbbell fly 4x 10-15
- Dumbbell Pullovers 3x 10-12
- Dips 4x failure
Day 2: Back
- Chins 4x failure
- Barbell Bent Over Rows 4x 8-12
- Lat Pulldown 4x 8-12
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows 4x 8-12
- Close Grip Lat Pulldown 4x 8-12
Day 3: Shoulders
- Seated Barbell Press 5x 6-12
- Seated Dumbbell Press 4x 6-12
- Side Lateral Raises 3x 10
- Rear Cable Fly’s 3x 10
- Barbell Shrugs 4x 6-12
Day 4: Legs/Calves
- Squat 6x 6-15
- Leg Press 4x 8-12
- Leg Extension 4 x 8-12
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts 4x 8-12
- Lying Leg Curls 4x 15
- Standing Smith Machine 5x 20
- Standing Calf Raises (free weight) 4x 50
Day 5: Arms
- Barbell Curls 5x 6-12
- Preacher Curls 4x 6-10
- Concentration Curls 4x 6-10
- Lying Skull Crushes 5x 6-12
- Cable Extensions 4x 8-12
- Rope Pulldowns 3x 10
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
- Bench Press – Because what kind of bodybuilder doesn’t want to have a biggest chest, right?
- Chin-ups – How are you supposed to fly without a good pair of wings that open like barn doors.
- Squats – Because what good is an impressive upper body if you haven’t got the foundations built right ;)
What is your diet like?
My diet is basically like the food pyramid, except its shaped like a box, and you can throw anything you like in there.
- Meal 1: Smoothie with Banana, Eggs, Milk, Ice cream, Peanut Butter, Honey, Oats & Protein Powder.
- Meal 2: Bowl of Nutri Grain and Milk, Orange or Apple
- Meal 3: White Rice with Tuna covered in Mayonnaise Cheese & Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Meal 4: Mashed Potatoes with Cream, Cheese & Beef Burgers
- Meal 5: Steak, Potatoes & Milk
- Meal 6: Bowl of Oats, Milk & Protein Powder
What is your supplementation like?
- APTECH Simply Creatine
- APTECH Simply Beta-Alanine
- APTECH Pump Powder
- APTECH D-Aspartic Acid
- APTECH BCAA
- Whey Protein
What is your favorite quote?
“Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.” – Conan The Barbarian
- APTECH | Aesthetic Perfection Technology
- Get APTECH
- Written, Filmed & Edited by Miguel Valenzuela
- Featured Athlete: Calum Von Moger