Weight: 190lbs. – 86kg
Height: 5’11” – 180cm
How did you get started with bodybuilding?
I was heavily involved in fitness as a boy, playing recreational and competitive sports that lead me to the weight room. I was able to see a transformation in a short time.
This brought out my addiction to the mental aspect and the physical attributes that come from weight training and diet manipulation.
Where does your motivation come from?
Watching my body continue to develop and surpass its best each year motivates me enough to keep going.
There is no satisfaction better than self-sacrifice, discipline and hard work.
What workout routine has worked best for you?
I stick to basic training principles. One or two body parts per day, heavy and compound movements.
- Squats – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Walking Lunges – 4 sets, 12 reps/leg
- Leg Press – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Leg Extension – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Single Arm Cable Side Lateral Raises – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Front Lateral Raises – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Rear Delt Fly – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Weighted Chin Ups – 4 sets to failure
- T-Bar Row – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Single Arm Dumbbell Row – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Deadlift – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Flat Bench – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Decline Bench – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Fly – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Cable Fly – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raise – 4 sets, drop sets
- Seated Calf Raise – 4 sets, drop sets
- Cable Push Down – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Decline Skull Crushers – 4 sets, 10 reps
- Weighted Dips – 4 sets to failure
- Standing Barbell Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Machine Preacher Curl – 3 sets, 10 reps
- Concentration Curl – 3 sets, 10-12 reps
- Rest day
- Rest day
If you had to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?
Deadlifts, Squats and Chin Ups. These are compound and foundation movements.
These exercises encourage strength, endurance and muscular development.
What is your diet like?
My diet consists of high protein, moderate fat and moderate carbohydrates. I incorporate cheat meals, especially in my off season, as my metabolism is fast and I train hard year round.
- Meal 1: 1 cup of Oats with Berries & 6 Whole Eggs
- Meal 2: 8oz. Chicken, 1/2 cup of Nuts, 1 cup of Rice & a large Salad with Olive Oil
- Meal 3: 8oz. Steak & 1 cup of Rice
- Meal 4: 2 scoops Whey, 2 tbsps. of Peanut Butter & 2 scoops of Waxy Maize
- Meal 5: 8oz. Fish, 1 cup of Rice & 1/2 cup of Nuts
- Meal 6: 2 cans of Tuna & 2 tbsps. of Almond Butter
When cutting down do you prefer HIIT or normal cardio?
I prefer steady state cardio over HIIT. I walk on an incline for about a half hour and this has helped me burn fat while maintaining mass.
What is your supplementation like?
Supplementation is so important in weight training and bodybuilding for immune function, muscle building, fat burning and overall health.
My basics are:
- Protein Powder
- Omega supplements
- Pre-workout Supplement
“Begin with the end in mind” – Unknown